Real advances in world wide energy conservation and pollution reduction will be made with the Russell Engine Generator.
Conservation is the controlled use and systematic protection of natural resources.
- There are 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles in the United States according to a 2007 Department Of Transportation study (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicles_in_the_United_States)
- In 2009, 378 million gallons of gasoline were consumed per day in the U.S. according to the Energy Information Administration (www.eia.doe.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=oil_home#tab2)
- There are over 750 million vehicles in the World today. If the present trend continues, the number of cars on the Earth will double in the next 30 years. (wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_cars_are_in_the_world)
- Every two minutes of car idling consumes the same amount of gas necessary to drive approximately one mile.
- If a driver idles for one hour, one gallon of gasoline is wasted.
- Every gallon of gasoline burned - for driving and idling - releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide, making the transportation sector responsible for about a quarter of overall US carbon dioxide emissions. (www.greenyour.com/transportation/car/car-driving/tips/avoid-car-idling)
254.4 million US cars idling for only 15 minutes per day will...
- Waste 63.6 million gallons of gasoline per day.
- Produce 636,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
In a Series Hybrid Drive System the vehicle is driven by electric motors powered by a combination of batteries and a generator.
- The Eng/Gen when coupled with a Series Hybrid Drive System in any vehicle application will:
- Eliminate unnecessary fuel consumption
- Dramatically reduce the amount of fuel used
- Dramatically reduce the heat and air pollution emissions
- Fewer batteries will be required in vehicle applications with the combination of the highly efficient Eng/Gen and the Series Hybrid Drive System:
- Lowering the vehicles initial cost
- Reducing vehicle weight and therefore its energy requirements
- Increasing vehicle efficiency
- Increasing vehicle performance
- Regenerative braking is another benefit of this combined system, reducing heat emissions caused by friction braking and recapturing electrical energy for later use.